I like the idea that a new year is like a clean slate, a white canvas, the moment where you can reboot the system and start all over again, but hopefully learning from past mistakes and heading towards a happier version of yourself.
It’s important to set some life goals every year so that we can stay focused and force ourselves to take a trip out of our comfort zone and into the wild world of personal development.
I’ll admit I fail miserably most of the times at this, because well… I am a lazy ass, but this year I am writing my 2017 to-do list here, so I can go back whenever needed to remind myself of who/where I want to be when the 2018 is knocking on our doors. Wish me luck!
Here are my 7 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Eat healthier: surely this one features in the top-5 NY’s resolutions of half of the world, what with all the Christmas cooking and food overload after the holiday season, however, I have been thinking for a while about cutting down on meat consumption (bye, bye jamón) and increasing the variety of veggies in my meals.
- Grow more patient: this is something I have been working on for several years now, as I simply despair when things take longer than expected, especially when I have set my mind to something: I want it yesterday!! However, important things in life take time, like good wines do 😉 My motto for 2017? “Be patient, my friend”
- Go to a live-music concert: it’s been years since I last went to a concert of an artist I like, but I enjoy their music every single day of my life (I suffer from musicaholism), so it’s only fair I show appreciation in the proper way.
- Be more giving & Spread the love: while being very thankful for my blessings and for the life I am living, I know I could do more for others. I am very aware of the hatred this world is immersed in and I want to contribute my two pence by random acts of kindness, positive thoughts and words towards people around me, and donations to organisations that can make a difference ♥
- Learn something new: never stop learning is the key to never stop evolving. A language, a self-defence technique or a craft are my picks. Any suggestions?
- Get more plants for the house: we have been living in a few different rented places for quite a while and I always thought it was not really worthy buying lots of plants that I would have to either give away in the next move or carry with us together with the thousand things we hoarded in the previous home. However, every time I go into somebody’s house and it’s full of plants, I feel at home and they do lighten up my mood and make for the perfect decoration. So that’s it, this is the year my living room will become a green land. Well, maybe just a little garden, but I think it’s a nice resolution. What are the best indoor plants you can get in the UK? Any ideas?
- Start up a blog: last but not least, the reason why I am writing this list in the first place! I decided it was about time to start my blogging career as a way of expressing my passions to the outer world and fill my life with interesting people and thoughts. I am looking forward to what this year has in store for us…
I wanna know: what are your resolutions for the New Year?
I would love to read your comments!