I am really not a morning person. There is nothing I enjoy more than lying in bed on a weekend morning while ignoring my grown-up responsibilities by pressing the snooze button indefinitely.
I do not have a problem with getting up early on weekdays, but I usually leave the house with an empty stomach within an hour of waking up. I know it’s not the best practice ever, but my body is shut in the mornings, so it takes some time before it can be fully functional.
That’s why weekends are so great! 🙂
I get all the time in the world to enjoy the little pleasures in life, such as a relaxing and delicious breakfast with Mr. Vet while reading the news or watching a funny video on YT. I also tend to get creative in the kitchen cause eating the same stuff all the time bores me to death, so I will be sharing with you some of my favourite ideas and hope you can contribute to my recipe book too!
We are inaugurating the “Food” section on She talks Glam so I thought we should start with something quick and fail-proof, but highly delicious 🙂
French toasts & Berries: you don’t really need much more to have an awesome start of the day, sweet and soft toasts topped with berries for an extra touch of flavour and colour on your plate. Pair that with your favourite coffee or tea and you are in for a treat. Bon appétit!
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 70-80 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons demerara or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter for the pan
- Toppings: Caster sugar and mixed berries –the more the berrier!
- Wisk together the eggs, the milk, the sugar and the cinnamon in a deep bowl.
- Dip the toasts in the mixture and let them soak up the liquid.
- Melt the butter in a non-sticky pan over medium heat and place the toasts in the frying pan. Let them cook for two or three minutes on each side until golden.
- Place on a serving platter and have fun decorating your toasts with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. You can also add some banana or apple, let your imagination fly.
- Sift the caster sugar on top on your beautiful creation and enjoy this mouthwatering treat!
Have a fantastic Sunday, glamistas!