This week has flown by and so did this 2017! I can’t believe that it’s almost a new year and I am soooo NOT ready for it that I keep on having mini-mental-shocks whenever I get to relax from my very heavy workload at the office *nervous giggles*.
I’ll admit that am also having issues getting into the festive mood this year and I think it has to do with several reasons: weather has not been that cold up till now, so a part of me is still in autumn mode (either that or I am finally toughening up after 5 years in the UK, yay!); we are not flying home for Christmas eve, so I won’t be seeing my mum as every year 🙁 also no jamón or polvorones for Mr. Vet and I these Christmas, although we do have something exciting lined up for NYE (more on that in upcoming weeks); and finally I have not had a single free day to put up decorations or anything so nothing different around the house yet!
I guess we could pretty much summarise it as: we have been doing business as usual and although some people may be hard-core judging us right now it’s also fine to go with the flow when the flow doesn’t bring a river of tinsel & glitter to your door!
Who am I kidding? I am missing all of that sh*it and hate myself a little for not having had the time this year. Also I am not being totally honest here, as last weekend we were lucky enough to have a snowy Sunday in Cambridge and I couldn’t have been more excited that it finally felt like Christmas!!! After watching the snow fall for a good hour from our bed, we got ready to brave the cold, camera in hand, and attempted a winter photoshooting –OK, once Mr. Vet’s fingers were redder than Rudolf’s nose we decided we had enough not-blurry pictures for a post and headed home for a hot tea.
I also thought that two weeks before the new year arrives was a good time to revisit the goals I set myself for the 2017 and check whether Santa will be bringing me lots of prezzies or rather a big bag of charcoal 😛
Here’s what I wrote on my first ever post on She talks Glam back in January:
- Eat healthier: when I wrote this I had one clear thought in mind: cutting down on our meat consumption. I cannot say I have succeeded on this one, perhaps reduced the amount of meat I ate this year by 5% when compared to previous ones, so there’s still work to be done here not only for our health but also for the environment’s sake!
- Grow more patient: this one has been a roller coaster to be honest, sometimes I found my zone and could go about things with a mega chilled attitude and some others I still despaired when things were not working out the way I wanted in a short timeframe. Oh well, at least I didn’t grow more impatient! 😛
- Go to a live-music concert: Mr. Vet treated us to a live session of Antilopez when we were in Canarias this summer. It was a great experience as not only these guys are very talented musicians, but they are also extremely funny when performing, so it’s almost like going to a concert and a stand up comedy show at the same time! Will be trying to schedule a couple more of concerts next year if time allows.
- Be more giving & Spread the love: although have been quite actively giving to charities and spreading the love on the Internet and social media, I am not fully satisfied with my share. There is so much more to be done still, but I guess we are off to a good start…
- Learn something new: didn’t sign up for the auto-defence lessons I so badly wanted to try, but on the other hand I started attending Zumba lessons every week and I have also learnt so many things over the past 12 months in terms of blogging –does that count as new skills?
- Get more plants for the house: on this one we definitely get top grades! From zero plants to over 10, including some dried flowers that I like to keep for decorations. I love tending to my little green babies and I have mastered the art of growing succulents after a couple of unfortunate accidents *ahem*. You can often have a peek at my plants on my InstaStories 😉
- Start up a blog: this one was sort of a one-off goal, but I actually have some exciting news for the upcoming year that will bring new content to the blog. Let’s just say that She will speak more than Glam 😉
Did you set yourselves some goals for this year? How did you do with them, guys?
I hope you are having a fabulous time with your loved ones and lots of chocolate & cuddles!